Following the release of A Fantasy Writers’ Handbook, my good friend JM Williams and I came up with the idea of launching a podcast in a similar vein. A clever move or a foolish one? Time shall tell.
The Fantasy Writers’ Toolshed will serve as a more interactive platform to talk about all things writing, fantasy fiction, and building your author platform, delivered in a light-hearted and hopefully humorous way. The aim is to help you become a better writer and to discuss ways of getting your scribblings before the eyes of as many people as possible.
Some of the things you can expect:
- General writing tips, techniques, guides, methods, theories and plenty of chit chat;
- Fantasy-specific writing tips and techniques, such as on world-building, fantasy tropes, naming character etc;
- Plenty of guests to talk about hot topics, such as men writing women characters and vice versa;
- Giveaways and competitions!
- Opportunities for you to send your books into us to be reviewed on the show;
- Film reviews.
Episodes will be monthly! You can write to us at any time with questions, queries or requests and we’ll feature the best each episode. I’ll also be running a book review section, giving all writers the opportunity to submit their books for a featured review.
If you want to get involved, just fill out the form below.
To give you a flavour of what’s to come, we’ve recorded a short promo vid. Available on iTunes, Spotify and Youtube. Links below! And don’t forget to hit that subscribe button!