Following the release of A Fantasy Writers’ Handbook, my good friend JM Williams and I came up with the idea of launching a podcast in a similar vein. A clever move or a foolish one? Time shall tell.
The Fantasy Writers’ Toolshed will serve as a more interactive platform to talk about all things writing, fantasy fiction, and building your author platform, delivered in a light-hearted and hopefully humorous way. The aim is to help you become a better writer and to discuss ways of getting your scribblings before the eyes of as many people as possible.
Some of the things you can expect:
- General writing tips, techniques, guides, methods, theories and plenty of chit chat;
- Fantasy-specific writing tips and techniques, such as on world-building, fantasy tropes, naming character etc;
- Plenty of guests to talk about hot topics, such as men writing women characters and vice versa;
- Giveaways and competitions!
- Opportunities for you to send your books into us to be reviewed on the show;
- Film reviews.
Episodes are monthly and you can write to us at any time with questions, queries or requests which we’ll aim to cover on the next show. Just fill out the form below.
All episodes are available to listen to on iTunes, Spotify and Youtube.