I’m very much married to writing. It’s been a part of my daily routine for over a decade. I’m a well-published fiction writer, with short stories in over a dozen journals, and my debut novel will be published in March 2021 by OMAM Publishing. In June 2019 I released to great acclaim ‘A Fantasy Writers’ Handbook’, a compendium of the writing advice and guidance I’ve found most useful over the years, and following the requests of readers, I launched a podcast, ‘The Fantasy Writers’ Toolshed’, which is devoted to all things creative writing, fantasy fiction, and building your author platform.
To help me reach this point, I had to learn to edit. For me, editing is where the real writing is done. But it’s a process that requires more than just your skill alone. You need fresh perspectives, eyes that see things you’ve become blind to. I’ve worked with plenty of editors and I’ve learned from each and every one of them—what to do and what not to do. I rigorously edit my own work and that of others too, and now I’m extending the service to anyone who may need it.
The types of editing I carry out are:
- Developmental – the big picture stuff.
- Structural – how your story is structured.
- Copy – the nitty-gritty details of your book—prose, characterisation, plotting—things that will help polish your story until it gleams.
- Line – things such as POVs, word usage, sentence structure. The flow of your writing, in other words.
- Formatting – pieces can be formatted appropriately if sending out to publishers or formatted for self-publishing too.
I charge a highly competitive rate. Before any work is undertaken I’ll give you an estimate of the time it would take for me to complete the project. You’ll receive regular updates throughout to ensure you’re happy with the service. These details will be enshrined in the Terms of Service we both agree to before the project is undertaken.
If you’d like to make a query, just fill out the contact form below.